Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 359

Thread: Games: The Official Halo 2 Topic [OT!]

  1. #311
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Needs more Halo action with Nevan*
    How about a Slayer duel on Lockout, first to 10, just before the granaboard meet-up on IRC?

  2. #312
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The good: Want to play Halo 2 on your PC? Then check this out.

    The bad: Bungie have recently stated that, for the official version of Halo 2, "downloadable content will primarily consist of multiplayer maps. We won't be adding new weapons, skins, vehicles or other new features using downloadable content." This is a disappointment since these are some of the things they've repeatedly promised to fans (even in the instruction manual of the game).

    The ugly: ...er...right here.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 08, 2005 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  3. #313
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Cat: Sorry I haven't had time to check this. But the good news is that I now have a mic so we can talk in System Link. I bought one from a friend of mine for $30 new. All you have to do is PM me and we'll arrange something. Especially since I don't have much time to check the board, the PM will send me a direct E-Mail and I check that at least twice a day. So feel free to PM me at any time. Hope to play you soon.

    Also it is a real downer that they are only releasing maps. Of course one could see it as that most of them are working on Halo 3. (Hopefully.)

  4. #314
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its looking pretty likely that Halo 2 is going to receive a downloadable/buyable expansion pack. According to this article anyway.
    I think this would be a good move, since while im enjoying the odd Team Skirmish match on Xbox Live, im personally disappointed with the Halo 2 experience as a whole. All the stuff they originally promised and even showed their fans in use, such as the ATV, knife, flamethrower, and various maps, were missing from the final product. They even drew up concept art for boats and naval levels, which would have added a whole area of gameplay completely new to an FPS.
    But instead we were left with a game tailored more for newcomers, with vehicles and weapons being easier to use, and less skill and experience required to master them. Not only that, but the story was left at a cliffhanger, made even more frustrating by the fact Bungie have repeatedly been denying any intention of making a Halo 3. This expansion represents a possible redemption. That is, if its actually real.

    Here is a list of all the things fans wanted in Halo 2, which i found a link to on Bungie's website. All the stuff there is very interesting, and the fact Bungie have posted it on their main webpage suggests that they may be considering doing something about it.

  5. #315
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There was a news post on HBO about the first link and how it is just someone's idea and not officially from Bungie. I do agree, Halo 2 is very disappointing. I haven't played it for more than 15 minutes in the last two weeks. Maybe if we get more maps that are actually good for smaller parties I'll play it more, but I was disappointed. I will really be mad if I can't get the downloadable package some way, too.

    However the Halo Wish List does seem neat, a friend of mine showed it to me at school the other day when he printed it out. I've also seen some of that discussed on the HBO forums.

  6. #316
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No worries, Bungie have stated that they're taking non-XBL players into strong consideration with these additions. Its looking probable that they're going to be supplying expansion discs containing all 8 extra maps. It'll also provide those glitch/graphical updates which you've had to miss out on (some of which are definately noticable).

  7. #317
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sure hope so. Of course I can always get my friends to transfer their account over, of course that might not work on my XBox since I can't get LIVE with it. I'll just have to hope for discs.

  8. #318
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, thanks to the instant updates/fixes, it'll soon be impossible for people to use the Sword Sniping glitch to cheat. The only place it will be able to be used is on single player, where i suppose its of some use.

    Anyway, im hoping for the following sorts of maps:

    -Hang 'em High remake
    -A new ice-type level
    -A level which encourages air combat with banshees
    -Several small maps optimised for around 4 players
    -The "trench" map Bungie have hinted at.

    I wish they would make some more weapons and vehicles, but thinking about it logically, it would upset the balance that they've been working so hard to maintain. Still, i'll always dream of a naval battle using the Halo engine.
    How about you, N?

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 20, 2005 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  9. #319
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I personally would like to see HEH all the way.

    Others would be:
    -Snow level, without infinite pits. (Maybe Ice Fields or Sidewinder)
    -Chill Out
    -Dammy (or Rat Race)
    -Another nice small map.
    -I vision a trench level like the first parts of Killzone, which were very good. Like with a few bombed out structures (that can be destroyed) in the middle. Lots of turrents, tons of weapons, complex trench system, "no man's land" in the middle where the bombed structures are, along with two bases that go down where flags can be stored. Overall, a level that looks like a war was fought there.

  10. #320
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No HEH, the bastards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •